May 8, 2009

~Thanks for your comments~

Just wanted to make a post to thank everyone who has stopped by to read our Hirschsprungs journey. My reason of making this blog is for one to make HD more known about, to raise awareness about this rare disorder and two to let other parents who have HD children know that they are not alone.

I appreciate all the comments, and am available by email to any of you who would want to contact me for information or questions. You can reach me at catrina_lynn@yahoo.com

Alicia, we havent had much success with the pectin yet. We tried the powder and the type we bought was bitter and made anything we mixed it with thicker so we have quit with that for now. I plan on trying the other types as soon as I can and will let you know how that goes. I also know that alot of other parents use probiotics too, you can purchase them in pill form and also things like yogurt has natural probiotics in them.....

Again thanks...feel free to contact me or make any other additional post or questions....thanks for reading our story!

2 comments:

  1. Hi -- I just found your blog through another HD mom. My baby has total colon HD. She has zero colon and some of her small instestine is aganglionic too. She had surgery on day 7 to receive an ileostomy. She just turned 10 months yesterday, and we're still waiting for her to get big enough for her pull-thru. In the meantime we're doing rectal irrigations, etc.

    Thanks for posting your story. It's interesting to read what other HD kids and parents are dealing with. Hope we can all help each other out.

    Good luck as you continue on with Dylan's health challenges. These kids of ours... they are true miracles aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. My name is Jessica and I have a 2 year old son with HD. I'm looking forward to reading your son's journey with HD and seeing how potty training goes for you. We're not there yet, but I'm terrified of it! You can read my son's HD story here if you're interested: http://alasdairhg.blogspot.com/
    and my ongoing blog here: http://motherhoodispoop.blogspot.com/
    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete