September 27, 2009

Here we go again....

As our appointment date to see Dr. Levitt begins to creep up on us, so does the dreadful stomach bug symptoms. Dylan's day started off normal, he woke up to watch some morning cartoons and had a cup of juice. He's not a big eater in the mornings, probably took that afer me. Him and I ran out to the store to grab a few things and back home. When we got home he played outside for a few minutes and then I asked him to come in, and he came in right behind me. That in itself let me know he was out of sorts, usually its a fight to get him back in the house when hes playing. He automatically went to the couch and just laid there. This continued for well over an hour. Changed the first diaper of the day and sure enough it was just a smear. He continued laying around, i offered him something to eat and something to drink but he didnt want it. He slept a few hours (which I knew for sure meant the throwin up and diarreaha couldnt be far behind)...and sure enough he woke up and was vomitting. He was also running a fever which is unusual, he usually never runs a fever when he takes these episodes. The nasty diarreaha started, and my heart breaks for him when he gets this because his little bottom gets in bad shape. His diarreaha is unlike any smell you could imagine, Its so obvious its full of bad bacteria just because it smells that bad...I just cant come to terms with why this keeps happening. God knows I am so thankful that we havent been through this in a while, and he has done well since June...but right as you think things are looking up it begins to prove you wrong. As a parent you worry what the future holds when your child has this type of issue, you wonder if its something more, something the drs are missing, and something that he needs more medical attention for. All I can do is pray it goes away fast and that he doesnt suffer long. Hes been so uncomfortable today and seems to have some pain and its so hard to watch your child suffer. With any luck I will have my happy, bouncy, energetic Dylan back by morning....God bless the rest of you out there that may be traveling this same road. I know its been a difficult one for us and pray that we see that light at the end of the tunnel soon and that things take a turn for the better....

No comments:

Post a Comment